What is digital marketing? What is digital marketing doing? Perhaps you have read this article as a long-time marketer, or a business owner who has realized the importance of online business. Today, if it doesn’t appear and is found online, it will be extremely difficult for you to compete and thrive. That is the opportunity of digital marketing.
The main content of the article:
#1. What is Digital Marketing? What does digital marketing include?
#2. Process of doing Digital Marketing
# 3. Use social networks to increase interaction
# 4. Convert Traffic into Contacts through Landing Pages
# 5. Adding traffic with paid advertising
# 6. Measure the effectiveness of Digital Marketing strategies
So, what is digital marketing? What does digital marketing include?
Digital Marketing is a term to describe online marketing strategies on the Internet, helping to connect businesses with customers quickly and effectively. The application of Digital Marketing into business strategies has become a vital element of businesses in the 4.0 era.
From websites, social networks, email marketing,… all these channels should be invested to build and develop (if appropriate for your brand).
The person on the Internet looks at hundreds of different advertisements a day. So, this article will aim to build digital marketing tactics that appeal to the target audience, rather than bothering them.
This category is quite long, there will be many different sections, stay tuned:
- Website creation and optimization
- Develop a digital content strategy
- Brand advertising on social networks
- Optimize conversions from website traffic
- Optimize paid advertising channels
- Convert leads into paying customers
- Measure and improve marketing strategies.
Discover more good articles about Digital Marketing:
+ 5 Useful Tips when running Facebook Ads
+ 5 Reasons for running Facebook ads
+ Everything you need to know about Instagram ads
+ Everything about Pinterest ads
+ Basic knowledge about Display Advertising
+ Tips to make money online with Google Adsense
+ What is marketing mix? Marketing concepts 4Ps, 7Ps and 4Cs
Process of doing Digital Marketing
Step 1: START FROM WEBSITE
Website is the foundation for all your digital marketing strategies. It is like a “real estate” that your business owns on the internet, where you can talk about your products, put up content that helps to educate readers or address specific needs of your customers.
But building a “glitter and good” website is not enough. You need to ensure that it is optimized to get a steady flow of traffic, conversions and customers.
More and more people are using tools like Google to search for information. Most people who have questions or problems have a habit of looking up on their gills. So, the prerequisite for your business is to have a website that shows up in search results so that when customers search, they can access and find what they want.
Refer to 2 extremely important articles to own a professional website: 9 trends in designing a website; A secret to design a website.
Search engine optimization or SEO, is the key for you to do this job well. There are 2 fairly popular SEO approaches: onpage SEO and offpage SEO.
Basically speaking, the Onpage SEO school is the application of keywords to websites including, page title, title to be written, description tags, and other more in-depth factors like site structure, speed, page load, and how Google scores your website.
Offpage SEO is a school of using other websites that link to you. The goal is to get backlinks from trusted and relevant sources about the website.
SEO in “modern” era
In the past, the purpose of SEO was to impress (or deceive) search engines so that it gave you higher rankings by using lots of tools that provide backlinks or putting lots of words as much as possible to the page.
Search engines are smarter these days. It can easily distinguish what is a keyword spam website, which is a website that can provide quality and unique content. Modern SEO is optimized for information seekers, not just tools.
SEO tips – 10,000 words; You want to make videos for Youtube channel? Immediately refer to the article about SEO Youtube.
Starting with SEO: 5 factors need to be optimized
- Page Titles – Page Titles
Page title is the text that you will see at the top of the browser window when accessing any website. It is also the title of the page that appears on the search results.
Page titles can be found and edited in HTML tags. Here are some ways to create effective page titles:
- Write a descriptive page title for the content of the page
- Include related keywords
- Get keywords as close to the title as possible
- Under 70 characters. (The page title which is too long will be truncated by the web browser and search results. If you write the title too long, it also reduces the importance of the keywords you want to target.)
- Include your brand name at the end of the page title if there is extra space.
- Use separate titles for each page on the website.
- Meta Descriptions – Description card
The meta description is a short description of the content of the page that you want to write, and also appears on the search results.
Previously this description was not a ranking factor for SEO, but now it is also in the top of the things you need to keep in mind to both improve website position and increase click-through rates. When writing this description, try to include the keywords you want to target so that Google can understand briefly about the content of the page.
Both users and search engines will have more attention to headings than regular text. Therefore, you should also include keywords on your headings’ tags when possible.
Remember that tags that contain keyword are always heavier than normal tags. Overheading many headings will reduce the importance of keywords in other headings, so for tags you should only use one time, to complement, and so on.
The images on the website will definitely enhance the user experience. When inserting images into posts, keep in mind:
- Do not use too many images because it will reduce the page loading speed. This not only reduces user experience, but also makes search engines “hate” to understand your content for too long.
- Use Alt tags for images. This will help search engines better understand the content you want to convey through photos, their algorithms also help you appear in the image search as well. When writing alt tags, separate keywords with dashes (-)
>>> Own beautiful advertising images with these free software and applications: 15 Free beautiful online photo editing software; Beautiful online photo collage software for free
- URL structure
The URL of the main page is the website address.
When building URL structures, you need to remember:
- Prevent keywords with hyphens
- Describe the content of the page.
- Use 301 redirects if necessary.
The article: “How to use 301 redirect” from Google
STEP 2: BUILDING DIGITAL CONTENT FOR SEARCH TRAFFIC
Content Is King
After you’ve optimized your website, it’s time to “dance the keys”, writing valuable content here.
Content is like fuel for your digital marketing strategy to run. By creating quality content, targeting the right target audience, you will attract more accurate, easier-to-convert customer files.
Build blogs, satellite sites
Search engines always value websites that regularly post new content, and building blogs or satellite sites is a great method.
When building them, stand on the opinion of journalists instead of the business owner or marketing manager. The goal of the blog is to publish the most valuable, non-profit, non-advertising, neutral content as much as possible. Use the words, accents, and style of your target customers to write content on the blog.
So what should you write about?
These topics don’t just stop at talking about what your product or service is. It is also the problems that your potential customers face, and the way your product solves those problems.
Start searching for the difficulties and problems your customers face with your products and services. Do this once a week for 10 weeks in a row, and you will have a perfect framework for your blog.
The main factors that make the success of your Blog:
- A highly persuasive title – The title is the first thing others look at, so it should cover the content of the article.
- Refine content and readability layouts. Please ask a colleague or friend to review the post before publishing.
- Use different formats: Infographics, videos, slides,…
- Build internal links to keep users on the site
- Call-to-Action (CTA) button
USE SOCIAL NETWORKS TO INCREASE INTERACTION
The importance of social networks
Social networks generally provide a platform for businesses, employees, and customers to interact with one another directly. Moreover, it is a major way to distribute brand content and images online.
There are many different social sites, but in Vietnam today, but we will focus on analyzing Facebook.
With more than 1 billion monthly users, Facebook is the largest social networking site in the world. From a marketer’s perspective, Facebook provides a powerful tool to build a community for word-of-mouth marketing.
To develop Fanpage on Facebook, here are some things you need to do:
- Complete and detailed information about the company. Make sure you have an overview of your business and products as well as a link to the website.
- Invite your friends, acquaintances to like your fanpage.
- Integrating Facebook on other online channels (using supporting plugins)
- Share valuable content.
- Use Facebook ads to increase reach.
Instructions for creating Facebook Canvas ads
The Art Of Listening On Social Networks
An important part of taking advantage of social networking for businesses is to understand the ongoing conversations online, and understand how you need to react.
Here are some tools for you to control that:
- Google Alerts – keep track of the times you or your desired keywords are mentioned on the website.
- Social media management tools – These tools allow you to save search terms so you don’t miss out when anyone mentions your brand, industry or product.
- Social Inbox
CONVERT TRAFFIC TO CONTACTS THROUGH LANDING PAGES
Once you’ve optimized your website, blogged, and started pushing content to social networking sites, you started to see a certain amount of traffic flowing. But the problem is that the number of visits has not created a new customer new contacts.
Focus on conversion!
In this section, we will learn about the conversion process in detail. But first, let’s look at the “Inbound Marketing” method – the best way to turn a stranger into a customer.
Stage 1: Provide Attractive Value Content.
Free ebooks, webinars, tools, or anything else behind a form. This is extremely important for “sample” – contacts campaigns. It will be the first impression to attract first-time website visitors, and give them a reason to fill out the form to help us gather information.
Who Are You Writing Content For
To ensure that you have a certain understanding of the customer files you want to target to deliver valuable content, take the time to portray your customers. Based on the data about your existing customers as well as the judgment of you and many others to build this customer base.
The Content About The Product
Product content may include instructional guides, trials, or product demos, etc. Use everything you think is right for your product and the customer. At the same time, you also want that your goal is to get contacts for the sales team, so the content should be designed so that the sales team can start a conversation with customers.
Stage 2: Create CTAs Button
If you have an effective call-to-action button, you will be able to convert more website traffic into customer data. On the landing pages, visitors will complete the form by filling out the details in return for what you promise to offer them. This information will be transferred to the sales team to continue caring and converted into paying customers.
Create CTAs buttons with good benefits to optimize the rate of traffic flowing to the website that will fill the form.
Stage 3: Create Landing Pages
The landing page is where the website visitor clicks on the CTA button, and is where they will find the form to download or receive your offer.
What is a landing page? Create & Design Beautiful Landing Page (Formula) (in this article will introduce to you the best landing page creation tools)
Stage 4: Testing, Measurement, Repeat
Calling content, CTAs, and landing pages are key elements of the conversion process, but you can’t stop there. In order to increase the indicators in this process, you need to be patient and measure experimenting continuously.
Some of the marketing metrics you need to follow include the clickthrough rate of the CTA button, the landing page conversion rate, and the number of contacts as well as the conversion of those contacts from the sales team. To find out which elements will help you the most, you need to test a lot of CTAs, Landing pages, and content buttons. If your landing page’s conversions are low, try changing its appearance and measuring effectiveness. Don’t be afraid to change a few things, you can completely roll back if the old version is more efficient.
As you become more familiar with this process, starting with A / B Testing, it will show you how to optimize each element of your marketing funnel through this testing.
ADDITIONAL TRAFFIC BY PAID ADVERTISING
When you first build an online brand, it will be difficult to rely entirely on your channels such as blog, website or Fanpage to earn enough contacts for the company. That’s why so many marketers choose to supplement traffic with paid advertising channels.
The problem of paid ads is that it is quite expensive for small startups. In this section, we will learn ways to create more impressive click ads for your website.
With Uplevo learn more about: Instructions for running Google Adwords ads; Run Zalo Ads
When to Use Paid Advertising
The best way to navigate a lot of traffic through paid advertising is when you already have good CTAs, such as following a blog, downloading an ebook, or signing up for a trial. You will not want to pull traffic back to the homepage where there are no specific customer-driven actions, which will take a lot of money and time.
Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) – Search engine marketing is one of the most popular paid ads. To advertise effectively you need:
- Do keyword research seriously and meticulously to understand which keywords will be offered for bidding as well as the cost of each click.
- Always identify the advertising object: behavior, location, equipment, … so that your ads can reach the right audience. For example, if you are a food delivery software that is ordered by phone in Vietnam, you do not need to target computer users, or those who are not in Vietnam.
- Bidding on keywords related to your brand.
- Optimize ads with related landing pages. If your ad returns to a page that the search engine does not think it is related to the ad, it will not let you appear.
>>> Learn details about SEM – Search Engine Marketing
Display ads, often appearing as banners on websites, allow you to place ads.
A few tips to keep in mind:
- Create a blacklist of pages you don’t want your ads to appear.
- Always use images.
- Test advertising.
Advertising On Social Networks
- Create custom audiences, suitable target for ads. Targeting the right location, interests, age, gender can reduce accessibility, but increase the interaction by advertising appearing to people who are relevant and may need.
- Continuous creation of creative advertisements, and optimization of advertising features such as CTA buttons and descriptions.
- Choose suitable channels to display ads on Facebook appropriately.
>>> Tips for running Facebook Ads
Once you have enough traffic and a certain database, you can use ads to drive this number of users further, become actual customers.
- Retargeting people who access the Website
- Retargeting existing contacts from Database
AUTOMATION OF THE SAMPLE COLLECTION TO GET CUSTOMERS
Use the process to develop relationships with your potential customers by sending them fixed messages, relevant and valuable messages. There are many tools to help you with this task, both paid and free. Be Google yourself.
- Send relevant and interesting emails to the contacts you collect.
- Individuality when communicating with customers. Use personal names and personal signatures in each email. Personalize messages such as “you recently consulted our ebook …” or “thank you for following the blog” and come with a small gift.
- Make sure all messages sent are valid
- Do not rely solely on images, because some business email software does not automatically download images.
- Be persistent in communication, choose an email schedule by day, week month,…
4 Factors that help to increase your Email Marketing effectiveness
5 Jump to an effective Email Marketing campaign
- Click-through rate (CTR): How many people do you email and click on the link inside?
- Open rate of mail?
- Rate of spam report?
MEASUREMENT OF THE EFFICIENCY OF DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGIES
Now you must be at the bottom of the funnel of sales and marketing. All you need to do is review your entire marketing activities, determine which succeeds, and eliminate failed campaigns.
When reviewing the whole marketing champaign, find out what you need to improve. You want more people to access your blog? You want a higher conversion rate? Keep exploring new opportunities in the present.
Save The Data
Simply “just increase website X% traffic over X days”.
Consider if you have achieved the planned indicators or not. If you achieved, you should continue to do what you are doing, if not, try to change.
Improvement Steps Needed Immediately
Keywords – Try new keywords or variations of the keywords you have used to see if they bring in more natural traffic.
SEO – Check whether the onpage SEO factors are optimal (page titles, alt tags, headings, etc.)
Conversion – Try new forms or new landing pages interface.
Content – Determines which type of content can bring the most traffic and conversions.
Social Networks – Evaluate which social media channels can gain the most visitors.
Email Marketing – Maybe you are sending too many emails or not sending them often. You should always experiment and check.