February 22, 2019 Vincent Do Uncategorized
Link juice is one of the fairly common terms widely used in the SEO world. However, not everyone is familiar with it.
Today’s article I will help you:
- Understanding what link juice really is?
- How does it work?
- How to limit Link juice losses?
- The method of maximizing the amount of link juice for the website
Start to find out! Let’s go!!!!
What is link juice?
Link juice is the term that is used to indicate the strength or value of a website through external links or internal links. Put simply, Link Juice is like a flow of power and is transmitted through many links.
Link juice – A flow that shows the power going through each web page
You can understand that for every link pointing to your website, it will appear a link juice. The more links pointing to it, the more this flow of power increases.
There are many direct and indirect ways to increase the number of links pointing back to your website.
For direct, you can use these strategies:
- Link building
- Share documents
- Guest Post
- Marketing on social media, …
For indirect, you can increase your website power by creating excellent content for your website. From there, readers can easily share them on other sites. This will link the pages in a more natural way.
The flow of power going from these sites to your site is called link juice. And link juice will vary depending on the sites that link to you.
How does link juice work?
Suppose you have websites A and B. If all other ranking factors are constant and page A has a link while page B has no links, page A will rank higher in search results due to the link juice that it receives from the external page that links to it.
What happens if page B also gets a link?
This depends on the amount of link juice each link goes through. Let me explain it to you.
Website A receives links from 4 other websites, while B receives links from 3 websites. All of these affiliate sites receive link juice from other websites.
Describe how Link juice works
Because A receives links from more websites than B, more link juice is redirected to A. And provided that the websites linking to A and B are equally powerful.
=> A is likely to be ranked higher than B in the search results.
Another example shows that the transmission of juice links occurs in both directions.
Sites that link to page A also link to many other websites. While the website linking to page B only links to B. What will happen?
Link juice is more powerful when it only links to 1 page
In this case, the percentage of link juice received by B is higher than the percentage of website A received. This increases the chances of page B ranking higher than page A.
Sculpting link juice
As a webmaster, you have probably used nofollow links to protect the loss of link juice through outbound links. This process is called PageRank Sculpting.
With dofollow links (as opposed to nofollow links), the flow of link juice will be evenly distributed among the links to other websites.
Sculpting PageRank is often used to manage outbound links by adding the nofollow attribute to one of the outgoing links. This means that the link juice will not pass to nofollow pages but will be transmitted through other links.
You can see the illustration below.
Example of making Pagerank
The fact shows that: This method is effective in preventing link juice flow to comments and spam links posted on the blog.
The opposite is true when it comes to internal links on websites. The best way is to allow the link juice to flow naturally instead of controlling them with the rel = nofollow attribute.
The link juice obtained and distributed within your site keeps internal sites as well as your home pages on search engines. This is to enhance the PageRank for the homepage.
Link juice can come from many different sources like pages
- with content related to your site.
- with high PageRank.
- have relatively few external links.
- that contain quality content.
- appear high in SERPs.
- with user-generated content.
- Popular pages, frequently mentioned on social media.
The source should get Link juice
Link juice does not come from
- Pages that link to your website.
- The page has irrelevant content.
- Pages with lots of links (for example, advertising links or links throughout the site).
- Pages that are not indexed in search engines.
- Paid links.
- Links obtained in an affiliate exchange program. (When you link to someone’s site in exchange for a link to your website, there’s basically no effect.)
- Links from websites that are not yet ranked, have no content.
Sources should not take Link juice
How the page gets link juice
Create Internal link
One of the potential sources of link juice’s power is not far off. That is your website.
Being passionate about finding high-value backlinks, many webmasters often ignore link juice groups from their most popular websites.
A great source of power is waiting for you to exploit through internal links.
With most onpage SEO elements, internal links start from keyword research, you should list some of the keywords you are targeting for your website. Then, look in your list of websites containing those keywords to find the most valuable website.
Some support tools:
- SEO Review Tools: This is a powerful tool that helps you find both the domain name and the PA index of the page for a URL. It will also tell you the total number of external links pointing to your page. In addition, this tool also allows you to look up 10 pages at the same time.
- Small SEO Tools: This is a versatile free toolkit with more than 100 different tools. They help you in checking article copyright, checking website rankings, word processing, checking SEO index for websites, checking backlinks, checking keywords, helping google index website faster.
- Open Site Explorer: This is a free SEOmoz tool. This tool helps you check and research the links of your competitors or your site. In addition, it also helps us to find backlink sources, analyze and compare our website and competitors.
Once you have a list of targeted keywords as well as the most valuable websites, it is time to get link juice from those sites already.
Get the link juice
Link to your target page using your keywords as anchor text.
Be careful when inserting links whose anchor text is the correct keyword. Because this can make Google misunderstand that you are spamming keywords. You can use synonyms or LSI keywords to avoid this situation.
As we mentioned above, the amount of value of a page can be divided equally by the total number of links for that page. So, you need to remove unnecessary outbound links to optimize the amount of link juice.
You can use the rel = “nofollow” tag to avoid passing link juice. But it does not help you increase the value of the page through other links on the page.
You can find the number of internal links for a page in Google Search Console by searching for traffic.
The method of maximizing link juice
Link juice is extremely important to the site’s search rankings. So, maximizing link juice is an integral part of SEO. The process consists of 2 parts:
- Maximize existing link juice
- Earn extra link juice
A lot of Seo-ers have ignored the link juice group from their own website. But they did not expect that it has great value and is waiting to be exploited and distributed to other websites.
To optimize internal links for a specific page, you need:
- Create keyword lists and LSI keywords related to the content of the page
- Other pages related to that content.
You can use site: and intext: syntax in combination with keyword to search for content.
Please ignore the inappropriate sites. Link to the top valuable target websites in the list of websites you find.
However, remember: Do not use the same anchor text for many websites because this can make google understand that you are spam.
Consider removing unrelated links from high value pages to avoid diluting the amount of link juice.
Check My Links is a super useful plugin to help you find links on a page.
How to get more link juice for the website
Link Building is an important part of search engine optimization. And External links are considered to be one of the most important factors.
Each external link to your domain will show that your website has content that is relevant or highly valuable to users.
It means that when search engines rank your website, it will notice the amount of link juice being transmitted from external links to the website, increasing the website’s power.
So how to build backlinks for the website? This seems like a difficult task as it is largely out of control.
However, there are a few things you can do to increase your site’s backlinks.
Add hreflang tags for international websites
There are many websites targeted to a wide range of audiences in different countries. So, you can use their native language or translate their content to suit all users.
Use hreflang tags to determine the language of your website
The hreflang tag is used to signal search engines to help determine the language of the website. Adding hreflang tags to different versions of each page will help Google Bots understand the language format of each version. This can help the website rank higher on the search results table of each language.
In addition, the hreflang tag allows sharing link juice between pages and their equivalent language versions. At the same time, create a good foundation for these pages to rank higher in search engines.
In addition, you can also add hreflang tags to your XML Sitemap. Provide a single file for search engines directly to all pages and their versions.
Link reclamation is the process of finding and fixing old links pointing to your web pages. Use a crawler such as Site Crawl or check the Google Search Console Index Coverage report to find URLs that have 404 errors.
Alternatively, you can also use the Ahrefs tool to find links to this page. From there, it is easy to provide web owners with updated urls. (They also do not want to keep dead links on the site for what)
Do not redirect these links to your home page as well as other unrelated pages. Because this can cause Google to view your homepage almost error 404. And potentially affect website conversion rates. This is one of the common problems for some websites today.
Here, there is a little note.
You can still surreptitiously use Link reclamation to search for old competitor links.
Linkbait content – skyscraper techniques
One of the most effective ways to create additional link juice for your website, …
That is creating the content worth linking. It is called skyscraper technique.
Skyscraper Technique – write quality articles based on user interest
This tactic is simply …
Find content or posts that users often share and turn them into more quality posts:
- Content expansion: Listicles is one of the types of content that are very attractive to users that you can easily implement. Create a large and comprehensive list like turning top 10 into top 20. And can bring it closer to the reader. In addition, you can also give more details or illustrative examples to increase the value of the article.
Listicles (List + Articles) is a form of short articles in the form of a numbered list that is easy to understand
- Update content: There are articles with valuable content, but it is outdated. Updating content with more new, interesting, and useful information will help you connect with more users.
- Beautiful presentation: Lots of users are attracted to visual elements. Especially for arid academic and technical topics. Therefore, adding more quality illustrations will draw more readers.
Once you have created content like that, using social media, bring these articles closer to your readers and encourage them to share them.
Participate in the public
If you already have the linkbait content, then the next step will be the most difficult step to build links. That is outreach.
Studying the opponent
First, research the competitors. Using the Open Site Explorer tool, you can find websites pointing to your competitors. (Ignore forum and directory pages)
You will have a list of websites including:
- Websites related to your industry
- The same topic sites
- Websites that have linked to similar content
Use the list of support tools we mentioned above. These tools help to check the quality of the domain in the list of websites you’ve just found. Find the best websites to create the most valuable links.
In addition, we will introduce you to some other support tools. They will help you reach the community more easily and effectively:
- BlogDash: Here, you can find a list of bloggers in your area of interest. More importantly, you find their information and what they have written recently.
- AuthorCrawler: Tool built by Tom Anthony of Distills. AuthorCrawl finds links to a page. And from there, collect them, search the author’s markers to display Google+ information.
When doing outreach in this way, …
First you start from setting up the content completely. Check your target sites for broken links that you can replace.
When sending an email, create a generic template that will make it easier for you to access it.
Reach customers with unique email
Some notes when writing mail:
- Open the email with information about the value you can bring. Bloggers may not care about the information they already know, read and understand about.
So, start by: Let them know your article will add the missing information to the previous article.
- Do not copy and paste the URL directly into an email. Because it will look like you used the software to get information from Excel’s worksheet. Try using hyperlinks to blog posts. And if possible, you should remove the URLs altogether.
- Use unique email headers. Because if you want to link to famous and reputable blogs, you may have to compete with dozens or even hundreds of people to get their attention.
If your email header looks like a sample letter or shows them you are trying to get links from them, then your email may be deleted even before it is opened.
Try to write the email subject in a specific enough way. Let the recipient understand the topic you are trying to address and be vague enough that they do not realize you are trying to connect with them.
- Add personal contact information to emails. This adds to your credibility and makes email more valuable. Unlike regular spam messages.
Make sure your email leaves a personal impression, not an email template. This will likely affect your future outreach efforts.
I have to admit to you one thing. The chances of you getting feedback from bloggers you approach are extremely low. However, do not be upset.
You contact these bloggers because they have a large audience and a high reputation in the industry. If you get feedback from them, then certainly the value you get is extremely large.
The full value of link juice
Remember that link juice is extremely important to the website. Because it is a measure of value, user perception of your website content as well as your brand.
It is also very important for your website to get high position in Google rankings.
And more, link juice is not just a website of power. It is also the power line to build awareness, brand, reputation and a resource to help you strive harder.
Do you understand Link juice now? How important is it and how to get more link juice for your website?
If you have any questions about link juice, comment below this article! I will answer it for you soon.