Ranking algorithms change daily, did you learn and apply the latest SEO Process to your website? If not, this article can definitely help you to implement successful SEO campaigns, your SEO strategy will help your website increase rankings quickly and sustainably and you do not need to worry about penalties from Google.
The SEO process consists of 6 steps starting from Website analysis, keyword research, SEO Onpage optimization, Content development strategy, SEO Offpage optimization (link building, web promotion), final measurement and improve the SEO strategy adjustment for the next life cycle.
The SEO process below is used by many SEO experts and large companies around the world for their SEO campaigns and this is the core foundation for creating a successful SEO strategy.
Effective website SEO process
Website analysis is a very important step to evaluate your website position compared to the website of competitors in the field. Through analytical tools will help you know which items, content pages, keywords that users are most interested in and use, based on which you implement the structure of the website to organize and organize the items, streamlined content for user friendliness, ease of interaction with search engines and users.
Use some of the following analytical tools:
- Google Analytics
- Google Webmaster Tools
- SEOmoz’s Page Strength Tool
- Page Speed Checker
Some notes when analyzing websites:
- Analyzing website traffic sources
- Analyze the ranking of current target keywords
- List of Landing pages with PA indicators, best traffic
- Provide TOP List of targeted keywords, potential keyword list from analysis tools such as Keyword Planner, Google Trends
- Backlinks Profile filters good backlink sources
1.1. Website structure
Website architecture is like a building structure, big buildings need to ensure good structure design, the website is likewise a good website structure will be the foundation for successful SEO because it helps users easily use and see what you need, and make it easier for Google to crawl and index.
In terms of SEO, Page Architecture ensures targeted keywords for each page, and will also create a simple navigation structure with users, and search engines in getting content and typing page index.
Website navigation using silo structure
When the website has been in operation for a while, the restructuring of the content reorganization portfolio that is appropriate for your industry is needed to increase the effectiveness, which items are most commonly used on the page through the alert function to report behavior in Google Analytics tool. Keywords bring a lot of traffic through Webmaster tools. Pages with high PA ratios through the MOZ tool, when this information is available, you need to adjust the order of arrangement in the menu, the order of displaying content areas, prioritize pages with good index from above to down and from left to right. The purpose is to show important content in the most accessible customer areas.
To build the best website architecture, please refer to the article: Good website architecture is the foundation for successful SEO.
1.2. URL structure
Building a reasonable URL structure is good for SEO and users. If you have created a good hierarchical structure, creating a good URL structure is not too difficult. The URL structure will be decentralized as follows:
The URL structure for Chinatown is as follows: http://domain.com/locations/chinatown
Good URL structure fits the following criteria:
- The URL is readable, using words instead of numbers
- URL without accents, lowercase
- Use keywords in the URL
- Different URLs with the same content need to use Canonical tag
- Use URL rewrite to remove dynamic ID parameters
- Short URL is better than long URL, <= 75 characters
- The given URL matches the Title tag
- Do not put too many subfolder in the URL, no more than 3 examples: https://seothetop.com/xay-dung-link/xay-dung-backlink-mu-trang-khong-lo-ngai-penguin-t3-279 -157106.html
The URL is readable
1.3. Internal Link
Internal link is a hyperlink on one page to another page or resource such as an image, or document file, in the same domain or website. A hyperlink is considered either “external” or “internal” depending on its goal or destination.
Why is internal linking important?
- Internal linking is one of the most important ranking criteria, many SEOs think that building internal ink just needs to navigate Menu top, left or right column, and footer is enough, but with the Google Internal link in the content of new posts are the most important. Optimizing contextual internal linking is a very important tactic.
- Site navigation and Page Authority distribution and site ranking power
- Provide users with options to read other content in the context of promoting old content
- Help improve rankings for keywords. In the content, you should use anchor texts containing keywords that link to the page with related content. This will send a signal to Google that this page is relevant to the content the customer wants.
- Can help promote events and services
- Help Google collect other pages. Internal links in articles as well as in categories help Google to index more effectively.
- Increasing user experience retaining onsite customers longer
Keyword research is probably the most important step in an SEO project, if you choose the wrong keywords, you will waste your SEO time and effort. You not only learn the terms of the targeted shackles with SEO but also understand more about its customers.
Keyword research helps you predict changes in customer needs, respond to changing market conditions for products, services and content that users search through the search engine channel.
The purpose of keyword research is to identify the right keywords to achieve high rankings in search results, thereby expanding similar keywords through keyword suggestion tools such as Google Adword’s Keyword Planner.
2.1. Keyword analysis tool
Some questions to ask when performing keyword analysis to implement a successful SEO campaign:
– What is your product or service? Who are your potential customers?
– What will customers search for if your solution or product is needed?
– What thoughts or questions do the customers have about your product?
– When they need help with products or services, which keywords will they search? …
Answering the above questions, you will have a potential keyword group that, according to you, customers will search for a lot. But to find out more precisely about those keywords, we will use tools to measure and statisticize.
Some keyword analysis tools:
- Google Keyword Planner https://adwords.google.com/KeywordPlanner
- Google Trends
- Keyword research Moz https://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo/keyword-research
- Keyword Tool http://keywordtool.io
- Google Search
- Keyword Discovery
Start with some of the keywords you intend to use for articles based on your topic, content, use those keywords to analyze through the tools, from the suggestions of the tool you will choose the best keyword sets that your customers are looking for information. The information is similar to the content you will publish.
- Step 1: Choose potential keywords, keywords that are related to your content
- Step 2: Analyzing through Keyword Planner – The analysis tool will tell you the number of searches in 1 month of each keyword, and it will give you a list of keywords that suggest words to help you choose suitable keywords for your content.
- Step 3: Select keywords based on your suggestions and feelings (experience)
Keywords like a compass for an SEO campaign, it tells you where you are going and whether you are going in the right direction or not.
Alternatively, you can use Google Search, type and the keywords you intend to use, Google will suggest long tail keywords right in the input box and it will appear below the search results.
Here are some examples of analysis performed for the 2017 Horoscope content service using Keyword planner and Google Search:
Keyword analysis results of Google Planner
Google Search keyword suggestions
2.2. Competitor analysis
Researching competitors is a very important task in SEO, in order to know the strategy, how to do SEO of the competitors in TOP 3 of Google search by the areas that competitors can do to enter TOP search, from then adjust your site to hopefully compete with competitors who are in the TOP.
- Identify the competitors
In the same field you identify your opponent is not difficult, search for keywords in Google to get TOP 5 in search results, you will identify your competitors.
- How to optimize onpage
The target keyword phrase of the competitor is TOP, see how to write the title, description tag, their keywords are really related to the content, how they optimize SEO onpage, how to build links and go backlink of the opponent, you can refer to the optimal adjustment of your SEO work
- What sources of backlink that our rivals use
SEO Moz’s open site explore tool helps you to check the competition’s backlink profile level, see if the backlinks are good and quality so you can also build similar quality backlink sources, track their strategy in building their links so that you can do it better than them, but be careful with your friend Penguin. Instead of building too much, leading from sources of blacklist, from unrelated sources, you should focus on quality instead of number amount, from relevant sources, and build contextual target keywords.
- Follow the rankings of rivals regularly
- Analyze traffic to competitors’ pages
- Learn from your opponents
Through the analytical steps above, you can learn the good of the competitors that have done and applied to your website, but remember absolutely do not copy the opponent’s way of doing but need to improve more optimally. New opponent wants to overcome the opponent.
Content strategy refers to the planning, development, and management of text and media content. This term has been popular in web development since the 1990s. This is a recognized area of user experience, drawing interest from the community such as content management, business analytics, and media engineering.
The content strategy has been described as planning for “creation, publication, and management of the usable content.” It is also called “an iterative system that defines the entire content development process for a website development project.
3.1. Content development strategy
Content is King and the future is always the same, content is always the most important part, developing content that brings value to users always requires creativity and some copywriting techniques and implement SEO standards for viral content to reach the most customers to bring traffic to the page.
See exactly what your target audience wants so that you can deliver valuable, useful content to them.
Attractive content that attracts readers and leaves a deep impression that makes customers unforgettable for your website and product.
You need to retain customers with valuable posts
Research customers, identify target customers
- Keyword targeting
- Target by owner
- Target by audience
- Device targeting
- Focus on niche topics, creating quality content that is valuable to users. The first requirement is how to create valuable content, which is vital in the fierce competition when information is flooded on the Internet, but valuable content is always king, helping keep foot users when they visit your website. To create high quality content with high conversion rate, please refer to the article: 5 principles of creating high quality content to easily reach users
- Content Copywriting, SEO copywriting is the most important element of online marketing, the purpose of directing users to purchase decisions and increasing the keyword rankings of the content.
- Content promotion to amplify content needs to identify target customers regularly online, then publish on channels to reach them.
- Listen to feedback from customers
- Measure results
Content marketing strategy
3.2. Content marketing strategy (Content Marketing)
Content Marketing is an outreach marketing strategy that focuses on creating and distributing valuable, relevant and consistent content to attract and keep target customers, the purpose of directing customer actions to make a profit in your business. For example, directing customers to a buying decision.
Content marketing is good for businesses and consumers
Specifically, there are three important reasons – and benefits – for content marketing businesses and users:
- Increase sales
- Cost savings
- Better than Customers
Content marketing strategy (content marketing)
Viral Content (Viral Content) is the content in the form of messages, images, audio, video that has the ability to impact the feelings of the recipient, causing the recipient to tend to reshare the content to the community.
To better understand the content marketing strategy, you should read this article: What is Content Marketing, what is the core value of marketing
Optimize SEO Onpage
Optimize Onpage SEO is a very important step in the SEO process to make the website more search engine friendly and achieve the best rankings in the search results.
Google has over 200 ranking factors, you should focus on implementing before important criteria on the website such as:
- Make sure the search engine accesses the page for indexing
- Perform basic SEO for Tags: Title, Description, H1 containing the main keyword right at the beginning
- User-friendly URL, search engine containing keywords
- Identify target keywords for the page, 1 main keyword, 3-5 auxiliary keywords
- Note the keyword density in the content to avoid keyword stuffing
- Optimize SEO Content, write standard SEO articles
- Ensure that the pages on the website are unique without duplicate content, in case the pages with the same content need to use Canonical tags
- Use Rich Snippet tags to mark structured data content
- Optimize images, videos in content
- Attach sharing buttons to social networks easily
- Build contextual Internal links for target keywords, related topics
- Improve user experience
- Create xml file to help search engine indexing easier
- Website responsive for different devices such as desktop, tablet, mobile
- Apply AMP to increase speed on mobile
- Optimize page load speed
And many other criteria, refer to the following article: Onpage SEO Techniques 2017
4.1. Basic Onpage SEO
Publishing a new website, the basic Onpage implementation for the pages is essential, because there are many pages, SEO will focus on the following tasks for the page:
- The title of the page containing the target keyword
- Description about the content describes the page containing the keyword
- The H1 tag contains keywords
- The Strong tag highlights keywords
- Use Canonical to avoid duplicate content
- ATL attribute images containing keywords
- Focus on building content
Google prefers new websites to grow and grow both in content and SEO, so in the first stage you should focus on content rather than focusing on optimizing SEO Onpage
4.2. Optimize advanced onpage SEO
Onpage SEO is a very important concept in SEO, onpage SEO is understood as optimizing the website to become more friendly to Google search engine, the purpose is to have higher rankings in the search results of the Search Engine. SEO onpage optimization things like:
- Optimize meta tags: Title, Description
- Optimize SEO Content
- Heading tags H1-H6 in onpage SEO
- Optimize keywords
- Link Inbound, Link OutBound
- URL structure
- Page load speed
- Internal linking
- Validation of HTML code (W3C Validation)
- Optimize images
- Create sitemap.xml
- Create a Robots.txt file to make sure the search engine BOTs are accessible to the crawl
- Create RSS Feed
Optimize SEO Onpage advanced
When you finish doing onpage SEO, you should check the SEO Checklist for missing or error.
There are many tools to support SEO checklist such as:
- SEO Quake
- Moz bar
Optimize SEO Offpage
Offpage SEO is a link building technique to improve the position of the website in the search engine results pages. Offpage SEO is done after having done a good job optimizing onpage SEO
Some techniques of Offpage SEO implementation:
- Creating communities in social networking sites
- Blogging – Blogging links to your site on related topics
- Post to forums of the same topic
- Submit website to popular search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing
- Submit to the Directory
- Social Bookmarking
- Link Exchange – Exchange links to properly refer to the article:
- Link Baiting – Link sentences
- Share Photo photos of products and services
- Video Promotions
- Local Listings and Yellow Pages
- Answers – Participate in answering related topics
- Document Sharing – Share valuable documents
- PPC paid advertising campaigns like Google Adword
5.1. Link building
When the website is built for about 2 months, regular data updates to create trust with users and Google is very necessary, now you think of building backlinks from trusted sources starting from friends, relatives, co-workers, business partners and customers that have a blog or a website. Ask them to help put a backlink on your page, remember to put the backlink in the content, not in the sidebar or footer.
Link building strategy
Actively participate in groups that share the same topic with your site’s content, actively respond to feedback providing valuable contextual information and skillfully include your site’s link so people get answers. More detailed words on your page.
You can think of blogging to bring links back to the page, and a few other ways through analyzing backlinks from competitors to find quality backlinks. Backlink building needs to do naturally and grow steadily over time, focusing on quality rather than quantity, for a clearer idea of backlink building techniques without fear of penalties by Google Penguin. For more information, please see the article: Build a white hat backlink without fear of Penguin
For an overview of link building strategies, read the following articles:
– Overview of Link Building
– How to organize a link building campaign
5.2. Promote the web
Website promotion is the process of increasing contact with customers through the website. Many techniques such as content development, search engine optimization, viral marketing are used to increase web traffic. Today the popularity of social networks like Facebook, Twitter, G + support sharing information to reach customers with valuable quality content and drive customers to visit your website.
Why is website promotion important?
For online businesses, the website offers many benefits such as selling goods, products introducing service manuals or collecting information through advertising, sponsorship and marketing.
- Email marketing – Email marketing
- Blog marketing
- Social Media
- Advertising – marketing through ad networks
- Search engine marketing – Marketing through search engine
- SEO – Optimizing friendly website with search engines
- Direct mail – Send mail directly
- Through workshops
- Advertising via television, radio
- Advertising through traditional newspaper
The most effective way to advertise are:
- Understand the target market
- Create valuable articles and content to share via social networks
- Using quality images to introduce products and services in text and media content
- Create infographic, service product introduction video
- Using search engine optimization (SEO) strategies
- Join niche community groups for marketing via Facebook, G +
Measurement evaluation and improvement
After doing SEO for a while, it will be the time that you need to evaluate the SEO results you achieve. The job you need to do is: Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the SEO campaign.
While building the SEO campaign, you have set out the goals to achieve of keyword rankings and traffic to the website. Now it’s time to harvest to see if you’ve reached your destination, your SEO campaign is on track.
6.1. Measurement evaluation
Measurement is based on the following criteria:
- Number of customers who visit, view, like, share
- Quality: Bounce rate (time bounce) time on page, number of hits per session
- Value: The value of each visitor, what the conversion rate is worth
- Cost: How much it costs for a product or service, cost per SEO campaign
Check keyword rankings
The easiest way to check how much your site is ranking is to enter keywords and see if your site shows up in the top Google or not.
Use Google Analytics to track the number of visits
Google analytics is a completely free tool provided by Google. Google analytics will help your website statistics
- Visitors daily, monthly
- Time onsite
- Page views for each session, Page views total daily
- Access source from Search Organic
- Bounce rate bounce rate
- Pages viewed frequently
Use Google Webmaster Tools to see robots’ reports submissions
If there is a problem in the SEO implementation campaign you need to have a plan to optimize improvements for the next life cycle.
Monthly backlink image review report through Backlink profile retains quality backlinks and rejects dangerous backlinks for the site
6.2. Improve SEO for the next life cycle
Based on the measurement and evaluation steps, all criteria’s are low and not good need to be improved
Improve onsite time:
- Ensure the content quality of the site
- Optimize navigation and internal links
- Use the Outbound link to increase trust with Google about the content
- Create user navigation with 404 pages when errors are not found
- Page load speed
- Improve user experience
- Interface design compatible with devices
- Keyword access strategy
Because ranking algorithms change constantly to serve the best users, you need to constantly update your knowledge to perform SEO according to the changes of the algorithm, to maintain the ranking of the website. SEO is complex and requires continuous implementation, so don’t get discouraged from giving up, all your efforts will get rewarded results.
Comment, Like and share the article if you find it useful to everyone!
Thank you for reading the article, wish you success!